Want to become part of the hockey family.
Wanting to try a new sport or wanting to return to the sport
Starting: Saturday 11th September 10.00-11.30
Where: Sir John Talbots School
Register at www.englandhockey.co.uk/backtohockey
UK coaching are offering FREE training to all.
Having witnessed Christian Eriksen’s live collapse at Euro 2020, we have no doubt that you will be alongside us with your thoughts and best wishes for the Danish player and his family.
The occurrence of the medical emergency in a live sporting environment has brought the reality of sudden cardiac arrest, on the pitch, in the park, on the kerb, to a stark reality.
The question is: do you know how to respond?
We have collaborated with Sport England who have funded an eLearning course that everyone can access free of charge. It will guide you through how to respond quickly to a sudden cardiac arrest.
Learn how to save a life.
• Development centres are the first step on the England Hockey Player pathway, they are set up for all boys and girls aged 10-14 who would like to develop their skills beyond school and club hockey.
• All players should attend 3 sessions and bring a stick, shin pads, gum shield, a drink and appropriate clothing for the weather. Shropshire hockey guidelines should be followed.
• ALL players are required to register via www.playerpathway.englandhockey.co.uk. New players to the system should click ‘New Player to system? Signup’ button. Complete the details and register for the squad that matches the centre you wish to attend:
Shropshire DC summer 2021 – Wrekin – Wednesday
Shropshire DC summer 2021 – Meole Brace – Thursday
Shropshire DC summer 2021 – Ellesmere – Friday
Shropshire DC summer 2021 – Much Wenlock – Sunday
• Players who have already registered on the system should log on and click on the ‘DC Enrolment’ tab. Once you have registered an email will be sent to the Development centre manager.
• For all sessions starting please register by the 31st May 2021.
• Payment: This must be made online after registering. (Not within the England Hockey System)
Use the following details to make a BACS online payment:
Sort Code: 30-99-27 Account Number: 00557619
Account Name: Shropshire County Hockey Association
Reference Format: Player Last Name/Boy or Girl/Centre Initials
**Players in the same family pay full price for the first child and £20 for all others Centre Initials Cost Day Time Dates
Wrekin College, Wellington (WC)
£30, Wednesday 6:15pm-8:15pm
9th June, 16th June, 23rd June
Meole Brace School (MBJ)
£30, Thursday 6pm-8pm
10th June, 17th June, 24th June
£30, Friday 5:30pm-7:30pm
11th June, 18th June, 25th June
Much Wenlock (MW)
£30 Sunday 11am-1pm
13th June, 20th June, 27th June
• If you are unable to attend all 3 sessions at one location you may attend a session at a different location, but please send an email to the Development Centre manager.
• All sessions will follow the England Hockey C-19 protocols valid at the time of play. Once players are registered for sessions they will be contacted to complete track and trace registration and they will also be sent the Shropshire C-19 guidance.
• For any queries contact the Shropshire Hockey Development Centre Manager:
Shirley Hasenauer 07919 838653
See the latest information from England Hockey for our current umpires and anyone interested in getting involved in umpiring.
EHUmpire Membership Launch
We are delighted to launch a subscription based offer for umpires at all levels of the game. With the commencement of online educational forums and workshops throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve decided to open our libraries of specialist individuals’ advice and guidance to anyone within the “umpiring family” through an exclusive membership offer.
There will be 2 levels of membership (including a free membership level) where specialist, insightful and supportive educational material and comment boards will be made available for individuals to help undertake their own development for their umpiring.
The EHUmpiring membership is available now! A brief overview of the details of what benefits members can experience, please see below and click on the button to become a part of England Hockey Umpire Membership.
We are continuing to deliver our full suite of courses during this time (virtually of course) and would like to pay thanks to all those who have attended and to our Tutor Workforce who have allowed us to continue delivering during these challenging times. You can still attend all the courses below plus some monthly members events:
Book onto any of these courses by clicking the button below.