It is with great pride that we announce that our ladies 1s have been shortlisted for the Team of the Year Women Award at the 2019 England Hockey Awards Dinner on Saturday 11th May 2019.
Although the ladies 1s have been nominated this couldn’t have happened without the support of all the clubs members, volunteers and officials who work to support the running of the club.
The ladies 1s have been promoted this season and will play in Cheshire Division 2 in 19/20 season. This has largely resulted from the strength and depth that the club now has from the Academy through to the Men’s and Ladies senior sections.
The ladies 1s are made up of a combination of players who have played for the club, come through the Academy and those who have joined the club based on its growing reputation. Players from the team are representing both County and Regional teams as well as school sides in the surrounding area.
The team have been supported by a number of players coming through the ladies 2s and 3s which will give the club strength over the coming years.
I hope you will all join us in celebrating this success and wish the ladies all the best on their big evening.
Whitchurch Hockey Club
Nominate_Shortlist for 2019 EH Awards
13/04/19 – Updated to include GK coaching sessions at SJT, Whitchurch
Players take part in a range of training sessions or camp-based activities to develop their skills and begin to stretch them beyond school and club hockey.
How do I get involved?
- Players are usually nominated by their school or club to attend a Development Centre
- Players can be nominated from the age of 12-16
- Players who want to play more hockey and develop their skills outside of school or club hockey should attend a Development Centre.
What are the entry and exit points?
Players can join a Development Centre at any point during the cycle but, depending on location, Centres will run at different points during the season. Details of running dates can be obtained from your Country Administrator; a list of these can be found here.
Who is it run by?
All Development Centres are run by County Hockey Associations (HAs) but they may also be run on a HA’s behalf by clubs, schools or coaching companies.
Congratulations Whitchurch (Shropshire) HC on achieving England Hockey Clubmark accreditation.
It is my great pleasure to inform you that you are one of a select number of hockey clubs across England to achieve England Hockey Clubmark accreditation.
Achieving England Hockey Clubmark is an important step in ensuring your club operates to a set of core criteria and has good practices in place to ensure that you can deliver quality hockey in a sustainable and vibrant club environment.
Club Mark – certificate 2018-2021
The Development Centres in June/July saw about 120 players attending across 6 centres in the county. Many of these players were new to Development Centres. The provisional Academy Centre programme is attached and also has details of how new players should register.
- U17 is for those born in 02; U16 is for those born in 03; U15 is for those born in 04
- U14 is for those born in 05; U13 is for those born in 06, 07, 08
So in summary,
- U13 girls will have a 3 week coaching and assessment programme at Meole Brace from 6 to 8 pm starting on Thurs 13 September. Cost £42 for 3 weeks or £30 for those who attended the summer DC. Pay on first session.
- For all ages of boys – Pre-Season AC coaching Sun 16th September at Shrewsbury School. Cost £5 pay on day.
- 10am to 12.00 for U13 and U14s; 12 to 2.00pm for U15 U16 U17
- For all ages of girls (except U13) – Pre-Season AC coaching Sun 16th September at Meole Brace. Cost £5 pay on day.
- 11.30 to 1.15 for U15 U16 U17; 1.15 to 3.00pm for U14
- Sun 7th October AC assessment and coaching for all age groups of boys and U15 U16 U17 girls. Cost will be reflected in AC Season fees.
- Thurs 3rd October U14 girls assessment and coaching at Meole Brace from 6 to 8 pm Cost will be reflected in AC Season fees.
All new players who have not registered with England hockey before must register with Shropshire on the England Hockey Player Pathway System (PPS) by clicking the link below
Please Select Shropshire Development Centre Summer 18 Boys / Girls, from there we will then be able to allocate you to the correct squad for the 18/19 season.
This system is fully GDPR compliant and will give us all the necessary parental consents and emergency contact numbers which will be securely held. It will also inform us of who and how many players are going to be attending.
Thank you all.
If you have any queries please contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org 07941 444037 or
John Beckett ( Boys ) John.Beckett96@outlook.com 07814 518615
Shropshire Hockey Academy Centre programme for 2018-19