After a number of years in the role, our current secretary is standing down at the end of the season but is willing to provide support to anyone taking on the role.
This would be an ideal role for a player, parent or volunteer who is looking to become involved in the continued development of our thriving hockey club.
The key activities of the role:
- To be the ‘principal administrator’ for the club, dealing with all club correspondence, distributing to relevant officers for response where required.
- To prepare and distribute the monthly committee meeting agendas
- Attend and keep the Minutes of all monthly Club Committee meetings and distribute copies
- Keep signed copies of all meeting minutes on file (or shared drive)
- To carry out or delegate all of the administrative duties thereby enabling the club and its members to function effectively
- To work alongside the treasurer to see that all affiliation/registration documents are accurate and are paid on time
What else can you tell me about the role?
- The Club Secretary is a pivotal role within the club and with the assistance of the Club Development Officer should provide the main points of contact for people within and outside the club on just about every aspect of the club’s activities.
- As the first point of contact for the club, it is helpful if the Secretary is available to respond to queries during the working day via email etc.
- Registered member of Whitchurch hockey club (doesn’t have to be full playing member)
- Access to internet and computer literacy, as the majority of documents are online.
- DBS check (carried out by England hockey via club)
- You should complete ENGLAND HOCKEY’s online Safeguarding training as you are tasked with the storing of player details including under 18’s.
If anyone is interested in taking on the role or has any questions please email email@example.com